Monday, April 4, 2011

Harry Potter Films Ranked Best to Worst

1. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire- the first three potter films on this list all come in pretty close and I debated which on to put first ultimately I decided on Goblet of Fire because I think it is the movie that most closely follows the book. while certain parts are omitted nearly every scene shown in the film is right out the book. this is also the book/film that turns the series from young and innocent to more dark and mature this is the turning point of the hole series were voldemort returns.
2. Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 1- I Like this Potter film because it finally shows the epic scope of what Harry has to deal with being away from Hogwarts allows us to see Harry in a different way. also breaking it into two parts allows us to follow the book closer, this is the darkest film in the series but also  provides the most comic relief of any of the films. While I have only seen DH Part 1 twice one of the best scenes is probably the animated sequence of the story of the Deathly Hallows it's done very well and this was one part that worried me before i saw it about how they would tell the story.


3. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince- Half Blood Prince omitted alot of back story about the Horcruxes and Voldemort and I wish we would have seen more of this but what is in the film is very well done. The biggest issue I have with this film is the scene at the burrow with the fire. this doesn't happen at all in the book and I just can't get over that. the journey Harry and Dumbledore take to the cave to get the Horcrux and Dumbledore's death are excellent.


 
4.Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban- When this film came out it I thought it was worse then Sorcerer's Stone and Chamber of Secrets because it really strayed from the book however after multiple viewings it has grown on me. my biggest issues is that they did away with the Hogwarts robes and let them wear street clothes throughout the film and that Harry receives his Firebolt at the end of the film not at Christmas like in the book. After seeing it several times now I think it is a pretty solid Harry Potter film and that the director of this film was able to be creative in his own way but still stay fairly true to the story.

5. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone- There is not alot wrong with Sorcerer's Stone its just that nearly all the other Films have been able to build upon the original and be better darker more mature movies. Sorcerer's Stone is an excellent film and introduction to Harry and the Wizarding world.





6. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets- Same thing goes for this film theirs not a lot of complaints I have about its just that the other ones are better. Chamber of Secrets did a commendable job of building upon the first film but didn't really step it up to the realm of truly excellent, this part due to the book also. the more I think about it Chamber of Secrets is probably a better film and story then Sorcerer's Stone and I would probably tie them on the list but Sorcerer's Stone goes higher because it's the first.

7. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix- I a lot of people liked Order of the Phoenix but I hated and was hugely disappointed especially since Order was my favorite book. My biggest issue with Order of the Phoenix is its length it is the longest book and shortest film so much potentially good stuff was left out this movie. to me the Actors, writers and director seem to have half-assed it through this film. this is the only potter film that I think absolutely sucks and all but refuse to watch it. it is the only potter film I don't own on DVD and will change the channel whenever its on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment